Oman Education Portal has won the Visual Innovation Awardin ministries sites category in the e-government for Arab world 2011 competition. Thiscompetition is organized by TheInternet Awards Academy in the Arab region in cooperation with the Arab Organization for Administrative Development, of the Arab States League.
This competition aims to highlight the efforts of Arab Governments with websites on the Internet (e-Government) which provide services to citizens and provide informationusing globally deployed technology.
It is worth mentioning that the portal won the award for creativity of design in the same competition in 2010, so far the portal reaped the following accolades:
1. First prize for best website in the Sultanate of Oman, 2007
2. First prize for best educational website in the Sultanate of Oman, 2007
1. Third prize for best educational website in the Sultanate of Oman, 2008
2. Second Prize for best electronic project in the Sultanate of Oman, Digital Oman, 2009
3. Second Prize for best educational website in the Sultanate of Oman, 2010
4. Prize of best Arabic e-content in the Sultanate of Oman, 2010
5. Design innovation shield award in the e-Government websites 2010
6. Second prize award in ministries category in Pan Arab Award 2010
7. First prize in the United Nations Award for 2011 for improved public service delivery.
8. Middle East Excellence Award (E-Initiative Category) 2011.
9. First prize award in ministries category in Pan Arab Award 2011.
10. Visual innovation shield award in the e-Government websites 2011.
11.First place prize in MinistriesWeb Sites Contest for the Arab World 2011.
12. Visual Innovation Award Competition Shield of e-government for the Arab World2011.